INFORMATION FOR FARMERS
Access to reliable water for irrigation increases certainty in farming operations. Benefits include new opportunities, increased production, greater reliability and enhanced returns. It provides:
- more confidence in planning and budgeting by removing the least controllable variable, soil moisture
- reduced production volatility, more flexibility and control
- more options and opportunities
- ‘insurance’ against seasonal variability and drought
- ability to take advantage of seasonal pricing and market volatility
- help with farm succession planning and reducing the farming risk profile
- improvement to an entire farming business, not just the irrigated footprint
Irrigation technology, good management practice and industry standards help irrigators to make the most of the benefits available and manage their environmental footprint.
Find out more about irrigation, how it could work for you and check out the land use case studies to see what might be possible on your property. You can also talk to your accountant, farm advisor or rural banker.