STAKEHOLDER ADVISORY GROUP
Discussions with all parts of the community are vital to hear perspectives and ideas about water uses and values and to ensure any scheme is viable and environmentally sustainable.
The Stakeholder Advisory Group was formed in December 2011 as a forum for a range of community and interest groups to provide input into the project.
Independently chaired, the group has 18 member organisations representing iwi, environmental, farming, health, recreational, local government and business interests.
The group meets regularly to discuss project progress, share findings and gain input into upcoming stages. You can read copies of the group’s meeting notes here.
Members of the group include:
- Carterton District Council
- Council of Outdoor Recreation Associations of NZ
- Department of Conservation
- Federated Farmers Wairarapa
- Forest and Bird
- Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Grow Wellington
- Masterton District Council
- Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa
- Rangitāne o Wairarapa
- Regional Public Health
- South Wairarapa Biodiversity Group
- South Wairarapa District Council
- Sustainable Wairarapa
- Wairarapa Chamber of Commerce
- Wairarapa Development Group
- Wairarapa Regional Irrigation Trust
- Wairarapa Water Users Society
- White Water NZ