Governance is provided by a Governance Group representing iwi, the Wairarapa community and greater Wellington regional interests. It is an advisory group to the Greater Wellington Regional Council which currently leads and funds Water Wairarapa.
This group meets regularly to review project progress, monitor findings and provide advice and direction. You can read copies of the group’s meeting notes here.
Members of the group are:
- Bob Francis (Chairman)
- Carterton Mayor John Booth, representing Wairarapa’s district councils
- Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Chair Nelson Rangi
- Rangitāne o Wairarapa representative Jason Kerehi
- Greater Wellington Regional Council Chair Chris Laidlaw
- Environment/recreation interest group representative Mandy Armstrong
- Wairarapa Regional Irrigation Trust Chair Bob Tosswill
- Water Wairarapa Stakeholder Advisory Group Chair Jim Lynch